Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Saved" - 05/19/16 - 2 Samuel 22-23, Psalm 57





'Then David spoke to The Lord

And he said:
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength,
in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me...."(2 Samuel 22:1-3)
 
 
 
What a man of God was David. 
 
His steps did not always follow the path of our ABBA's ways, but he always turned back.  Repented.  Redirected himself to focus on our ABBA.  His sins have been written down for the whole world to know throughout the ages, but he never forgot ABBA. 
 
He always knew what he did mattered to ABBA. 
 
Most of us will never have our sins written out before the world.  And for those of us "in" Christ, "He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west."(Psalm 103:12)
 
This doesn't give us a freedom to do as we wish, (once saved always saved mentality) but His Grace and Mercy does give us a freedom when we repent from those times we do not follow the path of our ABBA.   
 
"Our Savior, You save us...."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deby, its so true what you say here. I think its one of the reasons I love reading about David because he always turned back, he always knew God loved him, and he always trusted in his mercy and grace. Great post
God bless
Tracy

deby said...

Thank you! I am so thankful we have such an amazing ABBA!