Tuesday, November 15, 2016

"His Most Beautiful" - 11/15/16 - Acts 7-8





In just such a time Moses was born, a most beautiful baby." (7:20)


It always makes me stop and ponder, why ABBA brought out that Moses, "was a most beautiful baby". 

"The woman conceived and bore a son; and when she saw that he was beautiful, she hid him for three months. (Ex 2:2)  and then again, here in Acts. 




What was it about his beauty that God felt important enough to breath this information into Scripture?  Did his beauty capture the heart of Pharaoh's daughter, causing her to want him for her own, upon finding him amongst the reeds in the river? 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  The rating system for beautiful by the world is ever changing.  Centuries ago, voluptuous women were a sign of beauty.  Today a woman is considered beautiful if she is looking skeletal.  But God's never changing rating system isn't based on our outside looks, which fade. 




So I am wondering, does ABBA bring out that Moses was "a most beautiful baby", because we all have this beauty..........

                                     The everlasting type of beauty.  

                                                        The beauty which is His image being reflected in and through us.  

When I picture little babies, little children, I see this same type of beauty.  Each of us are made in His image.  These little ones, are fresh from our Creator's Canvas, the world or self hasn't come in to mar His Image, in which they are made. 

Being that we are all made in His image, I often wonder why the world begins to no longer see the beauty after a certain age. Thankfully, He has opened my eyes to see the beauty of Him in all that I look upon. There are so many of all ages, who come to my mind as being "beautiful". Each one of them takes my breath away with their inside/out beauty. Both men and women.
But those whom shine brightest in my mind, I realize are they who have become "childlike" in the wonderment and acceptance of Him.
For in Him. He has made each of us new.
"A Most Beautiful babe in Christ." No matter our age.
 
 
 




No comments: