Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"Words From The Heart" - 11/30/16 - 1 Corinthians 12-14



"Then each speaker gets a chance to say something special from God, and you all learn from each other." (14:31)


I often smile whenever it comes to our praying time in a group.  As is the situation in most gathered groups, the talking immediately stops when someone says, "would anyone want to pray". 

All of us are on a different level in our walk with ABBA.  Unfortunately, we fall into the trap of "comparing", and believe our out loud prayers will sound stupid, silly, lame.  I find this so sad. 

To be able to hear words spoken from a persons heart to our ABBA is nothing but a treasure. 

These are the moments when my ears pick up on messages He is sending.  Their words may bring about an awareness of blessings I take for granted.   It may be that someone is hurting and needs comfort.  One may be inspired to share in a way that promotes growth in my life.  Accountability.  Encouragement.  More often than not though, it is drawing me into an intimacy with ABBA.  Through the words of others I am being shown - an open heart is what our ABBA desires.

No frills.  no secret agenda.  Just words from the heart. 

Opening up to Him, baring all.  Just being whom He made us to be. 

I love hearing others pray out loud.  Their words let me know, I am not the only one who is thinking the way I am.  All the emotions.  All the thoughts.  All the words.  We are all created in His image. 

There are so many times He gives us growth through the words of others. Prayer is yet another way He gives us unity.  In Him and each other. 

His Power comes through His Words.
 
 

No comments: