Saturday, November 12, 2016

"Take Heart" - 11/12/16 - Luke 24, John 20-21





“Don’t be upset,
                 and don’t let all these doubting questions take over."  (Luke 24:37)





The reports continue to pour in of the unrest our world is experiencing.  How easily it would be to get on the band wagon of fear and live life in constant worry, doubt.  So many are asking, assuming, predicting what is ahead for us. 





  “Don’t be upset, and don’t let all these doubting questions take over."

I found myself smiling as this verse sunk in.

Again, He reminded me, there isn't anything new under the sun.  He is in complete control, all I have to do is remain strong in my faith and trust.  He will take care of the rest. 

Picking up fear, will allow doubt to seep in. 

All I do know about the future, is all I need to know:

He is "I AM" and that covers everything



Everything


Christ said to His disciples, "So thick-headed! So slow-hearted! Why can’t you simply believe all that the prophets said?", in reference to His rising from the grave, in being The Messiah. 

How often are "we" also as "they"? 

When we allow doubt and fear to seep in, bringing all the questions. 










 It is when we become so focused on the questions, we become blind to the answer



                                                                      Him. 




 
 
 
 



No comments: