Tuesday, November 29, 2016

"Unified In Him" - 11/29/2016 - 1 Corinthians 9-11



"Because there is one loaf, our many-ness becomes one-ness - Christ doesn't become fragmented in us.
Rather, we become unified in Him.
We don't reduce Christ to what we are; He raises us to what He is."(10:17)


There is such an honor in being one to serve communion to my family.  To stand at the end of the aisle and pass the bread and juice to outstretched hands.  To pray over those my eyes take in until my heart feels as though it will burst.  To see His family, my family sitting, with heads bowed.  To see little ones watching, wondering, requesting.  To see smiles.  To see tears.  To see peace. 


To see His radiance shining through the faces as they are in communion with Him.

There is such blessing in knowing, without doubt, when the trays are emptied and put back into their places, the unity of my family remains.

There is such treasure tucked away into my heart.  Mind pictures of those I see Him shining through their eyes.  Their smiles.  Their tears.  Their hugs. 

How He fills my heart with those I am unified with.  Those I share communion with.  Those whom He has raised up to where He is.  Transformed them into the beauty I see. 

There is peace knowing because of the brokenness of Christ, we may live life unbroken together. 
His blood covers and unifies us. 
My family in Him. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: