Friday, August 29, 2014

"Leaning On" - 07/29/14 - Isaiah 49-53



For anyone out there who doesn't know where you're going, anyone groping in the dark, Here's what: Trust in God. Lean on your God! (50:10)


There were many times during my past I was "groping in the dark". Searching. Trying to numb the pain through the arms of a man, fog of alcohol or drugs. I still came to in darkness. I was in the habit of leaning on the wrong things. Not trusting anyone or anything. Stumbling through life.


There was the moment in darkness when I was sitting on a window ledge nine stories up. Contemplating. The reality of falling wasn't on the agenda. Driving. Contemplating. Not taking the curve ahead. The reality of a crash not there at all. I can recall many moments of darkness and even though I wasn't aware at the time, He was there pulling me in. Into His Light.

I didn't know where I was going. But still, I kept going. From one patch of darkness to another.
Thankfully, even though I still struggle with the outstretched fingers of depression and sin, He has given me tools, which I use, and "we" overcome it. I don't venture in the darkest of darkness as I used to. Most moments find me trusting and leaning on Him. My ABBA. My Daddy.


Each night I lift up to Him praise in getting me through another day, escaping the anger, bitterness, jealousy, malice, sadness and depression. How much I love leaning and trusting in Him. My cup runneth over.


No longer is darkness where I am living life.

No comments: