Friday, August 29, 2014

"Throw Aways" - 08/13/14 - Jeremiah 23-25



"I'll take over and gather what's left of My sheep, gather them in from all the lands where I've driven them. I'll bring them back where they belong, and they'll recover and flourish." (23:3)


They were on the cart, shriveled up from lack of water. Sitting in the full sun, when semi-shade was what the label called for. Upon closer inspection, I could see there were small, new leaves as the plants were struggling to survive. 75% off was on the sign... for these castoffs.
 
Yesterday I spent most of the daylight hours planting these castoffs. I have been watering them for the last week, trying to get them a little stronger in their pots before sitting them in the ground. They have now become part of the landscape vision He has given me for across our drive. So far, none of them have bit the dust and are even producing new blooms.

How this effort has taken a toil on my body! Sore is an understatement as muscles I haven't used for awhile are screaming out in protest. Thankfully, I am able to even smile as I find a need to readjust how I bend - or not bend due to the knees. More than once I sent up a prayer for some of the energy, flexibility, and stamina I once had. To be able to put into a days work all I used to be able to. And to work until the sun went down. Last night I was watching the sun sink down over the hill from my couch - showered and ready for bed.


Planting these "castoffs" continually reminds me of how He has taken and transplanted me into His care. He took my shriveled up soul and now it is flourishing. What the world deemed as having no value, no worth, He gave His only Son to save. My pains are nothing compared to the pains He endured to make sure I would be firmly planted in an everlasting way to continually bloom for Him. Working in His nature is one of my favorite ways to spend time. It constantly reminds and draws me closer to Him. My praying, therapy, cleansing, growing time.
 
No longer a castoff, I am so thankful and blessed to be a woman after His own heart.
"And I'll give them a heart to know Me, God. They'll be My people and I'll be their God, for they'll have returned to Me with all their hearts." (24:7)


I laugh out loud in delight at the number of this chapter and verse
what a great reminder for us 24/7!

No comments: