Friday, August 29, 2014

"Living For ABBA" - 08/05/14 - 2 Kings 22-23. 2 Chronicles 34-35

He lived the way God wanted. He kept straight on the path blazed by his ancestor David, not one step to either left or right. (2 Kings 22:2)




Standing in line and watching the pictures on the screen, as we waited our turn to share a tear, a hug, a word of love and encouragement. In those precious photos I was able to catch glimpse of a man of God living life. The candid shots were my favorite, they caught the silly side of Dick, the smiles with Betty and their kids. They caught the depth and passion they shared with each other. One of my favorites of them was taken just recently, outside by the fence, their lips locked in an embrace. I looked over at my man standing there beside me and prayed we would have the same love, devotion, passion in the years to come. 
 
The pictures continued to touch my heart.

Although there isn't a "perfect family", I am so thankful when I see the fruits of persons of God. I rejoice for them in getting to know what a Godly husband, wife, parent is. What a blessing this family and others who come to mind, have been in this world of sin. My heart was reminded upon seeing so many yesterday at the visitations, whom the busyness of life keeps us apart from, in how His Love is shared through His family. Of the hope that prevailed through the sadness, knowing these two precious souls were with ABBA.

His Word spoke to me today, reinforcing me, we are to be His Vessel. We are, through ABBA, to harvest many souls. Each person we encounter. Each person who is listening or watching from afar. We are to live each breath for Him.
 
For we are much like the pictures on the screen yesterday.

I pray we are all leaving footprints of "whose" we are - His.
Living "the way God wanted. Keeping straight on the path blazed by their ancestor David, not one step to either left or right."

No comments: