Friday, August 29, 2014

"Of All" - 07/11/14 - Amos 1-5


"Out of all the families on earth, I picked you"(3:2)


My family - here in our living room at 5 this morning, standing in a circle, holding hands and praying to our ABBA. Selfishly asking for safe travels, to keep two pieces of our hearts on this earth awhile longer, before they departed on their journey back to Phoenix. Since standing at the end of the walk and seeing their red taillights turn out of sight, I have kept busy. Reality hadn't set in - until right now - when He spoke to me in this verse. We won't be seeing them again, ABBA willing, until Christmas.
 During the night, sleep wasn't my companion. I found myself kneeling before Him, feeling His Hand on my head as we conversed, His beautiful moon looking down through the window. I was reminded over and over through His Words - "He picked me". In the times of my weakest moment, when I want nothing more than to break into heart wrenching sobs, He gave me the image of Mary. A young woman, no longer able to stand because of the heart wrenching pain seeing her son, her baby, nailed onto The Cross.

He gave me the image of this woman who drew her strength to endure from her Lord. 
He gave me perception that in Him there is never an eternal separation. 


Mary. 


It never hit me until this morning what she endured being the mommy of our Savior.
No matter the age of our child, we will always be blessed by the brief glimpse of yesterdays. 


Looking at our young men today, for a flicker of a second I will see the little boy from yesterdays in their eyes, a certain expression, the wrinkle of their nose. Their hands able to hold my whole hand in them, when just a few yesterdays it was mine that held all of theirs. Their smiles and antics as they make new memories cause me to remember all those times of watching them grow up as best friends. Conversations today are shared with whispered words from the past darting in and out from the keepsakes in my heart.
 
Our ABBA gave Mary the blessing of seeing her son again after His sacrifice on The Cross. I can only imagine what it must of been like to realize without doubt she was the mommy of The Son of God. I don't have to imagine though what it is like to be the mommy of children of God.
He has given us the blessing of bringing Adam back, in seeing him grow and being used on the mission field of Quincy. I love seeing and being part of this team mission work with Adam. The families ABBA has brought into our lives through his friendships with their kids, brings such excitement as we are introducing them to ABBA.
 
He has given me strength to overcome the ache within my heart having Nichalas/Amber so far away. They are on the mission field for and in Him. He has comforted me in blessing upon blessing, of seeing their fruits for Him, to overcome the selfishness of wanting them close by. He has also shown me it is all about His time and His way. He has given me joy in hearing their plans to move back here one day.

He has given me strength to be content and thankful in all situations. 
To be thankful for the gifts of Skype, cell phone, and internet in today's way of being together. 
He has given me recognition how blessed we are for any time spent together.
 
Just as He "picked" Mary to be the mommy of our Savior, He handpicked me to be the mommy of Adam, Nichalas, Amber, and our two in Heaven.

He "picked" me to introduce them to their Bestest Friend - our Jesus.
Our Savior.

No comments: