Friday, August 29, 2014

"Raining Down Upon Me" - 08/16/14 - Jeremiah 32-34




"The last word is, I will have mercy on them" (33:26)


The rains are gentle again, giving the earth another much needed drink of water. All the plant life is opening up to receive this precious gift of life, storing the abundance for the dry days ahead. Much as I do, taking in His Word. How His Word is part of the daily essential needs I have to grow and become more like Him.


I love rainy days.
Actually, I love rain. storms. wind. cloud display on His magnificent canvas.

I love the sound of rain hitting our rooftop. Knowing I am covered from the elements. But there are also times, when working in the heat and the rains come on unexpectedly, I stand out in the open and let His refreshment cover me. Washing me free from the dirt and grime I have accumulated throughout the job. Cooling me down and refreshing me.


There are times when I stomp through a puddle. Hold my face upright and drink in the drops falling from the sky. When I laugh in delight.


I love His rain.

His rain is always a visible reminder of how He pours down upon me His Love. His Forgiveness. His Mercy.
How thankful I am that our ABBA has "The last word".
"God, being rich in mercy,... even when we were dead through our sins, made us alive together with Christ".(Ephesians 2:4)
What an Awesome ABBA we have.
Praying you enjoy "His Rains" coming down upon you. Always.

No comments: