Monday, November 30, 2015

"Forwarding Address - 'Heaven'" - 11/30/15 - 1 Corinthians 15-16


"For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 
The last enemy that will be abolished is death".  (15:25-26)
 
 
 
Our Adam has been welcomed into such a family of God.  I am overwhelmed when seeing how our ABBA has answered all of my prayers for him.  Last night as we stood in the visitation line for Ashley's grandfather, Jerry Shank,  I watched the pictures on the screen and thought about all this man of God has passed down throughout his life. I looked at the faces of his "fruits" and prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for allowing us to be a part of this family.   I thought about how our ABBA knew before the creation of the world our paths would be meshing together.  How He knew we would partake, to grow and be nourished from these "fruits".  
 
I have never been surrounded by such a family who loves so freely.  so openly.  without any hesitation or guarding of their hearts.  I stood in line and recognized again, our ABBA has given me a another small taste of what Heaven will be like. 
 
Today, while reading the 15th chapter, I was aware once more of His timing.  The verses written by Paul so long ago pertained to death and resurrection in Christ.  Our hope.  Today we will go in a few short hours for the funeral of this beloved man.  I rejoice knowing the cemetery is not his "final resting place".  It is not on Jerry's traveling agenda.  He has held the ticket of Christ in his hand for many a year and is now journeying towards Home - Heaven.   
It is often I pray your eyes are wide open and you have life based on and in Christ.  Praying the standards you live by are from His Word. 
 
I pray you aren't merely skimming through this brief life.  But as you go, you are giving it all you have.  For Him.
 
I pray on this short walk toward Home, nothing nor anyone, is causing you to lose focus on our Savior. 
 
And most of all, I pray as you live this life where He has placed you, you are loving Him and others without stopping.
 
"Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping."(16:13,14)
 
Reminder - Heaven isn't a destination - it is a future address.  It is Home - living with Him and His.  For eternity. 
 
"In my Father's house are many rooms....I am going there a prepare a place for you....I will come back and take you to be with me that you may be where I am." (John 14:2-3)
 
 
 
 

No comments: