Sunday, November 15, 2015

"Grabbing The Chance" - 11/15/15 - Acts 7-8



"Philip grabbed his chance. Using this passage as his text, he preached Jesus to him."(8:35)

I don't enjoy going to the doctor or shopping.  

Unless shopping is at the home improvement stores, Farm & Home, and Goodwill when visiting the kids in Phoenix.  (I love finding a bargain.) 

Yesterday I didn't have a choice.  We were out of food. 

The weather was absolutely perfect and it would have been so easy to get aggravated to be spending my day in a way I would rather not.  Thankfully I didn't.  As items were being checked off my list, I was basically going through the motions, focusing on getting home.
And I almost missed it.

ABBA opened my eyes at the checkout line.  An older woman, whose beautiful smile welcomed me as I put my items on the conveyor belt.  Not sure how, but before I knew it, we were both talking about "our Jesus".  Nothing personal was exchanged about us, it was all about Him.   She was "preaching Jesus" in her check out lane just by being.  He was shinning brightly through her. 

I walked out to our car, my heart lifted up.  It wasn't a chance encounter - she was my "Philip" for the day.   

And I almost missed it. 

"Philip grabbed his chance. Using this passage as his text, he preached Jesus to him."(8:35)

I have been wondering since, do I grab every chance?  Do I "preach Jesus" just in the way I am living?  Am I being "Philip" to all He puts in my path or am I too preoccupied, just going through the motions on my way "Home", checking off things on my list? 

Her last words to me have been going through my mind.
"If I don't see you again here, I'll be seeing you one day there - with Him." 

"Preaching Jesus".  What a wonderful way to live life. 

No comments: