Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"It Is Finished" - 11/10/15 - Luke 23, John 18-19


"When they got to Jesus, they saw that He was already dead, so they didn’t break His legs.
  One of the soldiers stabbed Him in the side with his spear. Blood and water gushed out."
(John 19:34)

Even in death. 
 
They still continued to torture His body. 

Each year, when I knew I was coming to the day of reading of His Crucifixion, I would cringe inside.  I used to wrestle with guilt, shame, being uncomfortable.  It was because I know, my sins, are part of the reason He was Crucified. 
I have felt Him transform my heart.  Now when reading of His Crucifixion, I am overcome with the blessings of His forgiveness.  of His grace.  of His mercy.  Tears come as my heart is overwhelmed by this act of True Love.
Christ didn't go to the cross as an act of being able to hold the Crucifixion over my head. 
He didn't do it as a "trump card", forcing me to do as He bid. 

He willingly was Crucified because of LOVE.
No other reason. 



It was the only way for myself, and others, to be with His ABBA. 

He willingly went to The Cross because He was doing what His ABBA needed Him to do.

To be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.

I continually pray I will never take His Words recording His ultimate sacrifice for granted.  I continually pray when I recognize where ABBA had to turn His back on my Savior, His Son, my heart will continue to weep.  As a mom, I can only imagine the pain ABBA and Christ were going through. 

But. 

He wants me to lay down at The Cross my sins. 
He didn't die so I will continually carry them with me, a constant reminder of what He put to Death. He doesn't want me to continually wear the cloak of shame.  Eat from the plate of doubt.  Drink from the goblet of guilt.   
 
On the day I fell to my knees before Him, His arms were stretched out wide, accepting me, as I was and am,  That day when I gave my life to Him, His blood ran down over me as I bowed before Him, cleansing me, purifying me, making me Holy and Pure.  Claiming me as His Beloved.
It is my choice to live life in the freedom of Him. It is my choice to lay down my sins, open my arms wide, and receive Him into my heart, my life, my soul - my all.  It is my choice to take the escapes He provides when sin presents itself in my path. 

It is my choice to accept His gift of LOVE and with each step, become more and more like Him.  To live and love as He has and does.  To accept His gift of grace, mercy, forgiveness and extend it to others.

It is my choice to not continually torture Him. Or myself.  His Beloved.

No comments: