Friday, November 27, 2015

"Us" - 11/27/15 - I Thessalonians 1-5; 2 Thessalonians 1-3

11/27/15 - I Thessalonians 1-5; 2 Thessalonians 1-3

"HIS 'Us'"
"God's amazing grace be with you! God's robust peace!
Every time we think of you, we thank God for you. Day and night you're in our prayers."
(1 Thessalonians 1:1-2)
 
How differently this day is compared to the 27th of November 33 years ago.
 
We are spending this day working on the remodeling of our downstairs bath. 
 
Curt and I met on June 9th during the week he was back in Quincy packing up and moving to Texas.  After that week, we were together the few weekends he would drive back and a week when I went down to see him.  There were many who speculated I was pregnant to be getting married in only five months.  I wasn't.  There was just something within us that knew we were to be together.
 
Neither of us walked with The Lord.  After three and a half years, it was in becoming pregnant with Adam when I finally woke up and realized I needed to have an intimate relationship with our ABBA.  That was the real beginning of "us".
 
Today, there isn't any amount of makeup able to cover up my wrinkles, while Curt doesn't care if his show or not.  My wedding dress hangs in our bedroom on display and I sigh realizing one leg would pretty much fill the space my waist used to.  I wonder why it is gray hairs enhance my husband, yet they don't do the same for me.  So not fair. 
 
I think about how we are now a family of eight, whom are together "just because of two people".   Throughout the years our world of "us" has expanded as The Lord crossed our paths with others.  So many memories made in the last 33 years.  Praying for many more years ahead to fill up as well. 
 
Last night as I was praying and thinking about the past, good and hard memories marched through my head, reminders of all the water which has passed under our bridge of life. 
 
We have been and are evidence in how our ABBA uses everything for His Glory. I stand amazed at how He has/is, using us as part of His Kingdom Come, no matter how often "us" messes up. 
 
There have been times of hanging on to each other tightly and times of wanting to let go.  On this day after Thanksgiving, I am so blessed we have endured and made it.  Knowing it is only because of The Glue of ABBA.
 
If I could, would I go back and repeat this day from 33 years ago?
 
In a heartbeat - YES.
Happy Anniversary to "us".
 
"Every time I think of "my Curt", I thank God for him. Day and night he is in my prayers."
 
 
 
 

No comments: