Tuesday, July 04, 2017

"Cheek To Cheek" - 07/04/17 - Psalms 40-45




"You know me inside and out,
You hold me together,
You never fail to stand me tall in Your presence so I can look You in the eye. 
Blessed is God, Israel's God, always, always, always.
Yes. Yes. Yes." (41:12,13)


I always enjoy watching the dancers at weddings, admiring their ability to let loose and have fun.  The way they don't care about how they look, how they move.  They are just enjoying the music as they are enjoying life. 


Even though I am perfectly content to sit and watch, listening to the music, I do wish for their confidence.  The confidence to be and do, without the inhibitions of doubt, guilt, fear, and shame.  It isn't to be the life of the party in why I want this confidence, it isn't even confidence I really want - it is "God"fidence. 

It is by having "God"fidence, we are able to be whom and how, He designed us to be.


So, I am reminded when reading this verse, He is why we are able to stand tall and look Him in the eye.  He created each one of us to be in His company, to share and live life face to face with Him.  He knows us inside and out - He knows what we are capable of and sets us in the places we need to be.

Nothing is by coincidence. 


It is while growing in our intimacy with our ABBA we begin growing in "God"fidence.   Each of our steps leading toward Home.  The place where we are able to be totally free and let loose.  To totally enjoy His Wedding in Heaven without any of the world's lies.
                            
We will dancing with our Groom.       





"But You'll welcome us with open arms when we run for cover to You.
Let the party last all night! Stand guard over our celebration.  
You are famous, God, for welcoming God-seekers, for decking us out in delight." (5:11-12)

No comments: