Thursday, July 13, 2017

"His Sojourners" - 07/13/17 - Psalms 86-89



 "What You say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens.
Your truth never goes out of fashion; it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.


Your Word and Truth are dependable as ever; that's what You ordered - You set the earth going.
                        
If Your revelation hadn't delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came.                            

But I'll never forget the advice You gave me; You saved my life with those wise words.


Save me! I'm all Yours. I look high and low for Your words of Wisdom.
The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me,
but I'm only concerned with Your plans for me.  
                          
I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can't contain Your commands!                            

Oh, how I love all You've revealed; I reverently ponder it all the day long."(89-97)
 
 
 
His reminder.  His comfort.  His Truth. 
 
Right there - first Words I read this morning. 


He is I AM.

 
 
Comparing myself to how I was in my yesterdays, I have improved greatly.  There are still moments when I fail and fall back into an old habit.  When I allow the whispers coming from the enemy to draw my attention off of our ABBA.

My g'ma Dorothy used to tell me, "it's like a rocking chair.  Even though you rock and rock, you're never getting anywhere".
 
She was referring to "worry". 
 
I have been striving to eradicate it from my life by depending and believing in all - all - He has written to me in our Love Letter from Him - His Word.  I have been striving to lean on The Holy Spirit and draw from His Wisdom, which I receive from digging into His Word.  I continually strive in becoming more intimate with our ABBA, desiring more than just a superficial relationship. 
 
And for the most part, He has helped me overcome the noise of the whispers.
 
There is much on our plates and it seems time just slips on by rather quickly.  My heart is saddened by the news of loved ones who are fighting for, or have lost the fight, for their lives.  There have been raging battles fought against the evil of cancer.  My uncle has been given some very positive news after receiving treatments.  A dear sister of ABBA's family has just been placed on hospice and I fight back the tears when thinking of the steps her family is taking right now.  So many prayers I lift up throughout my days for those who have been in accidents, taken ill.  

It has been bittersweet having our sons become grown men and leave the "nest".  There have been, and most likely will be more of those moments when my heart physically aches from the days which accumulate between all of us being together.  How I delight in Adam being back and living here with our Ashley, Charlie and Ella.   To spend time with them.  Just to hear their voice in person and see their faces on a regular basis. 

Nichalas and Amber have been on their hike of the Pacific Crest Trail since the Monday after Easter.  I have asked Nichalas if he could see The Hand of God with them in certain situations they have gotten caught in and he replied, "Mom, we shouldn't have made it through.  He is here". 
 
I find keeping busy and focusing on our ABBA helps keep the worry away.  ABBA reassures me everything will work out.  It always does. And yes.  I am also trying to squelch the imagination of "what could happen"  during the journey each of our loved ones' steps are taking them on. 

One of my greatest joys has become just sitting and looking, watching our kids. 
His beauty within and outside of them, continually takes my breath away. 

"Marvelous are His works". 
 
If we allowed ourselves, it could be very easy to allow the things of this world overtake our counting of the many blessings our ABBA rains down upon us in all of our steps. 
 
And again, as He reassures us during the attack of satan's arrows, the whispers trying to get into our head, we are but sojourners here on this earth.  Picking up and journeying through the dangers and potholes of this world, towards our place at "Home" in which our Christ has went and prepared for us. 

He continually reassures us the all of our ABBA is as permanent as the heavens. 
In Him, He is as the air we breathe, surrounding us and within.  No matter where we journey.   
 
Every moment, He knows  we need to "hear" He is in complete control. 
 
"What You say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens.
Your truth never goes out of fashion; it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.



Your Word and Truth are dependable as ever; that's what You ordered - You set the earth going.
                        
If Your revelation hadn't delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came.                            

But I'll never forget the advice You gave me; You saved my life with those wise words.


Save me! I'm all Yours. I look high and low for Your words of Wisdom.
The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me,
but I'm only concerned with Your plans for me.  
                          
I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can't contain Your commands!                            

Oh, how I love all You've revealed; I reverently ponder it all the day long."
 
 







No comments: