Friday, July 28, 2017

"Ever Brighter" - 07/27/17 - Proverbs 4-6


"But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.."(4:18)



In previous years, when questioned what was my favorite season, summer was always the one I checked off.  As I am growing older, my physical body is enjoying the season of spring.  In my spiritual growth, I am enjoying the hope each spring represents with new growth after the slumber of winter.  It seems each spring brings me a greater awareness of those about me and the passing of time.

For the past nine years we have met on Wednesday nights with part of our family. We are digging in and studying His Word.  Chewing and consuming it.  Placing it into our hearts and minds.  These persons make up my family.  His family bonded forever together through The Blood of our Savior.

 Each week I sit in wonderment of those He has blessed into my life and heart.  Our home is bursting at the seams with The Gift of Wisdom He has placed within these siblings of mine.  How much I have learned, am learning, will learn from each one of them. 

One woman, before her health started to decline and could no longer meet with us, I found I was always delighting in His words from her lips.

She isn't very big, she has lived longer on this earth and experienced more than myself or the others.  But upon reading this verse, I instantly thought of her. 

She isn't growing dimmer with the years, she is growing brighter.  The Light of our ABBA is shinning out through her eyes so brightly, they twinkle.  Her gentle smile has taken on the one from our Savior.  Her whole demeanor is filled with quiet, yet strong, grace.  Looking at her is looking at "the full light of day". 

I think about how she has lived up to the name her parents gave her.  Ruby. 
She literally sparkles, just like a rare, perfect, beautiful jewel in our ABBA's  crown.  Invaluable.



There are so many others in my life whom I delight in being around and gleaning from their life as they walk "in" His steps. 
 
Ones who live so opposite of those who have decided to sit back, waiting for their time here on earth to end and have decided to make living all about themselves.  Missing out on the many Divine Appointments due to continually looking inward and not outward. 

 As His child we don't want to be the dim light of the sun just before it slips below the horizon.  We need to truly live. Allowing Him to shine through us "shining ever brighter till the full light of day". No matter our age. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: