Monday, July 17, 2017

"His Living Waters" - 07/17/17 - Psalm 106-107






"Then He changed the wasteland into fresh pools of water, and earth into springs of water," (107:35)


I smile as the image of Jed Clampit from the Beverly Hillbillies, discovers "black gold - oil that is", comes into my mind as I read this verse.  How it represents my life, before and after, I gave it to our ABBA.

So many times throughout my life He has protected me, actually saved me from harm.  I shake my head in wonderment knowing, there are many instances I am completely unaware of. 

Quite a few years ago while mowing atop of a steep hill, my mower hit wet grass and started to slide down towards the 8 ft tall wall at the bottom. In my panic, my next reaction was trying to put my foot out in front of the mower to try and stop it - the blades still running. My foot, thankfully, never touched the ground. It was a small 2ft wide bed with blue rug growing in it that our ABBA used to stop it.  I can remember sitting there looking down over the drive offering up a prayer of thank you to Him.  He was the only reason I didn't fly over the wall. 

Looking back at that day, I realized how easily my life could have ended.  I realized the stupid things we end up doing, trying to "save ourselves" when we allow fear to take over.  He also gave me insight to prepare for the "next time" I have to mow in a situation like that.  How to maneuver the terrain in a way that keeps me from the edge. 


Just like my life. 


Up until the point of having Adam 32 years ago, my life was a wasteland.  I was stumbling through life, living for "self", living in fear, living life on the edge.  My "fruits" were all about the world. 


How He transformed my life at the point of Adam.  He took the wasteland and it has become lush from the fresh waters.  He has taken the fruits of our sons and daughter-in-loves, our grandchildren and making them into springs of water.  He is using me and mine to lead others to "living water" so their lives are eternally refreshed. 


He has shown us when in Him, we no longer have to live life in the wasteland full of fear and doubt.  He teaches us when in situations outside our comfort zone not to "put our foot out in front of running blades".  We can stand back and allow our ABBA to be our protector.  We are living in the refreshment of His "living springs".  Drinking in His Promises and great LOVE. 








  

No comments: