Saturday, July 01, 2017

"Sticking Like Gum On My Shoe" - 07/01/17 - Psalms 26-31



Light, space, zest—
    that’s God!

So, with Him on my side I’m fearless,
    afraid of no one and nothing.

When vandal hordes ride down
    ready to eat me alive,
Those bullies and toughs
    fall flat on their faces.
 
When besieged,
    I’m calm as a baby.
When all hell breaks loose,
    I’m collected and cool.
 
I’m asking God for one thing,
    only one thing:

To live with Him in His House
    my whole life long.

I’ll contemplate His beauty;
    I’ll study at His feet.
 
That’s the only quiet, secure place
    in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
    far from the buzz of traffic.
 
God holds me head and shoulders
    above all who try to pull me down.
I’m headed for His place to offer anthems
    that will raise the roof!
Already I’m singing God-songs;
    I’m making music to God.
 
Listen, God, I’m calling at the top of my lungs:
    “Be good to me! Answer me!”
When my heart whispered, “Seek God,”
    my whole being replied,
“I’m seeking Him!”
    Don’t hide from me now!
 
You’ve always been right there for me;
    don’t turn Your back on me now.
Don’t throw me out, don’t abandon me;
    You’ve always kept the door open.

My father and mother walked out and left me,
    but God took me in.
 
Point me down Your highway, God;
    direct me along a well-lighted street;
    show my enemies whose side You’re on.
Don’t throw me to the dogs,
    those liars who are out to get me,
    filling the air with their threats.
 
I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness
    in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
    Take heart. Don’t quit.
I’ll say it again:
    Stay with God. (Psalm 27)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: