Monday, March 12, 2012

03/12/12 - In the land of giants


"we even saw Anakite giants there! I tried to relieve your fears: "Don't be terrified of them. God, your God, is leading the way; He's fighting for you. You saw with your own eyes what He did for you in Egypt; you saw what He did in the wilderness, how God, your God, carried you as a father carries his child, carried you the whole way until you arrived here. But now that you're here, you won't trust God, your God—this same God who goes ahead of you in your travels to scout out a place to pitch camp, a fire by night and a cloud by day to show you the way to go."(Deuteronomy 1:28-33)


Fear - One of satan's strongest tools. Only when I am focused on Him is fear prevented from totally consuming me. He is leading me - always. Look at where/what He has already brought me through. Leading the way - I just need to follow Him.

Faith/Focus/Trust

The funny thing about fear is it becomes nothing when I give it over to Him. Things that I allowed myself to be consumed with, stay up all night and worry about, I can not remember 99% of what I was so afraid of. I do not like surprises. I enjoy a movie more when I know the ending before watching. The suspense of not knowing kills it for me.

He carries me as a Father carries his child. Near His heart, in His arms.

Shielded/Protected/Treasured

He gave up His life for me. Many times I am so focused on "He gave His only Son" (John 3:16), I "forget" that God, Christ, Holy Spirit are one. Yes, God gave His Son - yet He also gave Himself. He died for me - to save me.

What a Father.

And this is the Father who carries me.

No comments: