Friday, March 16, 2012

03/15/12 - Top 10 of blessings


Deut 12:28 "Be vigilant, listen obediently to these words that I command you so that you'll have a good life, you and your children, for a long, long time, doing what is good and right in the eyes of God, your God."

The knowledge that our children are in Him. What a blessing and security that is. Being "planted" away from us, living their own lives - IN Him.

What peace and joy there is in knowing, without a doubt, if their lives were to end this minute -
they would be touching the face of God.

I couldn't imagine not living for Him. To not wake up or go to sleep thinking of Him. Thinking of Him, praising Him, throughout the day. Working for Him - do as I am living for Him. I couldn't imagine training up our sons outside of Him. I couldn't see any comfort in not knowing that although we are separated with miles, we are together as a family in Him. I couldn't imagine any comfort without all of His signs reinforcing that they are planted where He needs them to be at this time.

I think back throughout all the years and know that so much would have been missed without Him. The joy and excitement they experienced in church. All the many, many conversations about what scriptures meant to us. Having Him as the center of their growing up. I couldn't imagine the peace that I have seeing how God has planted them in new church families. The extended "siblings" touching their lives. Not having the peace and joy watching Adam in his journey towards achieving his goals. Not having the peace and joy watching Nichals and Amber in their journey together as well. I couldn't imagine not having the blessing of knowing our future generations will be trained up in Him.

"Be vigilant, listen obediently to these words that I command you" -

I couldn't imagine not having the "ripple effect" my life is causing not

be for Him.

No comments: