Saturday, March 17, 2012

03/17/12 - No tolerance


Deut 19:20 "Clean the polluting evil from your company."










Sin is so like a cancer. It begins in one little cell/area and can/will consume you if left to do damage. Sometimes satan is aggressive and takes over at such a rate, it leaves his victim wondering what happened. I think of Haiti that is immersed in voodoo, demons in broad daylight. satan doesn't just come out in the dark there. Then I think of the USA. he is more subtle here, sneaky. he is using tolerance to cloak his movements, but becoming more aggressive as we become more tolerant. We become accustomed and view the sins as normal.

Either strategy he uses accomplishes destruction from within. he has only his interest in mind. To go against God and we are his pawns. he sacrifices, without grief, conscience or hesitation.

What sins have become "normal" to me? Being self-righteous, judgmental, gossip, lie, lazy, not being a good steward, not "as I live, living my life totally for Him? How often do I excuse my sin rather than "clean the polluting evil from your company"?

I am covered with Christ blood. My sins have/are forgiven, but this doesn't give me free reign to allow sin in my life. To let it become "normal". God doesn't tolerate sin - He can not - He is Holy. I am so thankful that I belong to a God who wants only my best for me. I am so thankful for my Christ, my Savior, who has "cleaned the polluting evil from your company".


That when I fail - He doesn't. That He has "washed me whiter than snow" -

with His blood.

No comments: