Monday, March 19, 2012

03/19/12 - dearly held treasure

Deut 26:17,18 "You've renewed your vows today that God is your God, that you'll live the way He shows you; do what He tells you in the rules, regulations, and commandments; and listen obediently to Him.
And today God has reaffirmed that you are dearly held treasure just as He promised."



Calling for 82 today - the last day of winter - and the earth has been awakening with a vengeance from its very short winter nap! The beauty of the green, green grass against the flowers, trees, blue skies, are breathtaking - refreshing. Happening almost before my eyes.
New life - new resolutions - renewed determination - renewed vows. How thankful I am for His grace and mercy which give me "spring" each and every day. Each and every moment actually. How He "refreshes" me and we begin again. Reading this am, Deut 26:1-29:1, caused fear in my heart. Not for myself - Christ has me covered. It is for those outside of Him. There it is in plain English, what life outside of Him is - and He brought to mind those I know who are.

I am thankful He is cleansing my heart - to love like Him, that my heart breaks for what breaks His. That He is beside me, guiding me to continue in my covenant with Him. I am so thankful and blessed to know I am His bride. What a totally fulfilling relationship I have with Him! How I love and adore Him. How I know, without a doubt, He loves me. Even when I break a vow, He still forgives and never "divorces" me. How this love we share, makes me desire to show - not prove - my love for Him. To share Him with others, so they too can know, feel what it is all about.

Not part of a treasure or "a" treasure, but all of His treasure.

Being "dearly held treasure".

No comments: