Saturday, April 16, 2016

04/16/16 - "Flappy Mouth" - Psalms 56, 120, 140-142



"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.

Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice wicked works
With men who work iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies.

 Let the righteous strike me;
It shall be a kindness.
And let him rebuke me;
It shall be as excellent oil;
Let my head not refuse it."
(141:3-5)
 

For a number of years, I have been praying for God to break my heart for what breaks His. 

And still, I have intentionally ignored The Holy Spirit, as He tapped my shoulder of conscience, while continuing to flap my lips.  I have been guilty of the sin of malice.  Even though I justified my sin with the fact I was telling ugly truth, it was in malice I was flinging the words about.  In my prideful way, I wanted to hurt as I have been hurt. 

There have been moments where those words came back around and bit me.   

Accountability. 

Not usually an event persons enjoy.  But it is needed.  For there are times we believe our way is the right and only way.  Those are the moments our ABBA brings along side of us a sibling to redirect our steps onto His path.  Being held accountable in love is entirely different than being held accountable by a person who doesn’t have God on their agenda.  In those moments I am given the choice to react either in defensiveness or in a Christ like manner.  

Thankfully, He is giving me the realization it isn't about the person, it is all about Him and me. 
No matter what has been done to me, my reaction doesn't depend on the actions of a person. 
I need to confess, thank Him for forgiveness, and repent, setting my heart right "in" Him.  


 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Red said...

A hard truth is better than an ugly truth.
God loves us enough to show us our heart. The good, bad and the ugly, so we can change, grow and be made whole in Him.