Tuesday, April 19, 2016

"The All of Me" - 04/19/16 - I Samuel 28-31, Psalm 18





Psalm 18

"I love You, God— You make me strong.
God is bedrock under my feet,
the castle in which I live,
my rescuing Knight
."(1)


My dearest Daddy, it is only You, and You alone where I am able to obtain a strength that overpowers anything which comes in my path. You are "The solid" I can be sure of when all other steps of life have been in quicksand. You are The King of The Home in which I reside. A castle that is fortified to protect me, to keep me, to treasure me. You are my "rescuing Knight" as no other has ever been to me.


"My God—the high crag
where I run for dear life,
hiding behind the boulders,
safe in the granite hideout."(2)


You are The One whom I climb up to, where I escape to, where I am hidden and protected, safe and secure in The Palm of Your Hand - The Hand which created all - That is in control over all.


"I sing to God, the Praise-Lofty,
and find myself safe and saved."(3)


My voice is only able to proclaim of You and Your glory - Only You are Worthy of such a song. The music envelopes me and wraps around me - consuming me in You.

 "The hangman's noose was tight at my throat;
devil waters rushed over me.
Hell's ropes cinched me tight;
death traps barred every exit
."(4-5)

I once walked in the world - not even aware of being within the clinches of satan.  his lies were deceiving, conniving, they were drawing me in. I was entrapped in a world of darkness, of no hope, of ashes and soot. There was no beauty - only death.

"A hostile world! I call to God,
I cry to God to help me.
From His palace He hears my call;
my cry brings me right into His presence—
a private audience!"(6)


And from the world of lies and death I called out to my God, my Daddy. Please - rescue me, take me into Your care. And You did. Without hesitation, without any anger, only with Love. You saved me - You saved me. You took "me", ugly in sin. You cleansed "me" and clothed "me" in Your Holy Wardrobe. You hold the all of "me" tightly in Your arms. I am Yours and You are mine.

 "Earth wobbles and lurches;
huge mountains shake like leaves,
Quake like aspen leaves
because of His rage.
His nostrils flare, bellowing smoke;
His mouth spits fire.
Tongues of fire dart in and out;
He lowers the sky.
He steps down;
under His feet an abyss opens up.
He's riding a winged creature,
swift on wind-wings.
Now He's wrapped himself
in a trench coat of black-cloud darkness.
But His cloud-brightness bursts through,
spraying hailstones and fireballs.
Then God thundered out of heaven;
the High God gave a great shout,
spraying hailstones and fireballs.
God shoots His arrows—pandemonium!
He hurls His lightnings—a rout!
The secret sources of ocean are exposed,
the hidden depths of earth lie uncovered
The moment You roar in protest,
let loose Your hurricane anger."(7-15)


And as our Daddy, You are our protector. You listen and hear of all the lies that held us in the world. You are angry. You are set on destroying those who have hurt the ones You love so much - "your children". In all of my thoughts, never have I imagined the unconditional Love, the loyalty, the protectiveness, as You defend my siblings and myself. Nothing can escape You - Enough is enough - no more will You tolerate any one to cause pain to Your children.

 "But me He caught—reached all the way
from sky to sea; He pulled me out
Of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos,
the void in which I was drowning
.!."(16-17)


You never had me out of Your sight - even when I was walking in the depths of sin. You always knew how to reach me - and You did. You rescued me.  Even then, Your hedge of protection was about me as I served self and followed the way of the world.

"They hit me when I was down,
but God stuck by me.
He stood me up on a wide-open field;
I stood there saved—surprised to be loved
!(18-19)

Those who I thought loved me, loved only themselves. They felt power as they walked on me, not caring if I was hurt or not. But You never left my side. You took some of their blows so I would live. You took me to Your meadow and I was awestruck by the beauty of Your love. I was ashamed. You loved me at my ugliest - You hath made me beautiful.

 "God made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before Him.
When I got my act together,
He gave me a fresh start."(20)


You took this wreck I called self and rebuilt it into Your image. I continue to give You my all and You continue to rebuild, repair, reconstruct In Your own way. You have taken my "stumbling blocks" and made them into Your "stepping stones". In Christ I have been given a new start - my slate has/is wiped clean. Your grace and mercy have covered me.

"Now I'm alert to God's ways;
I don't take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways He works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I'm watching my step"(21-23)


Today, I read Your love letter to me every single day. I look at every Word and chew on it, put it into my heart. I never take for granted, what You have brought me from and into. I look at every step I take, every breath I breathe, for You. I look at every person I encounter, what is it You want me to do. I am whole only because I am In You. I never, ever want to return back to the world. I am finally complete. I am at Home In You.


"God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes
."(24)


You have always desired me to be with You. To celebrate my life In You - You saved me from a death in the world, an eternal life in hell - You changed my ending when You took me In. You have given me an eternal life in You. You have captured the all of my heart - forever and then some.

 "The good people taste Your goodness,
The whole people taste Your health,
The true people taste Your truth,
The bad ones can't figure You out.
You take the side of the down-and-out,
But the stuck-up You take down a peg."(25-27)


I walk In Your goodness, it consumes me and makes me Complete. You have filled each and every void that my heart has ever had. I know In You my soul is not ill, it is not broken down, it is not growing weary and old. I drink in Your truths - a refreshment like non other - in a world filled with lies. Those who don't know You, can not comprehend how it is You work. How it is that we who walk In You, are as we are In You. You take those the world sees as low, as kind, as weak, as nothing - and make them Your best. The ones who are full of self - You will one day show - it is You who they should be full of. They will never, ever be satisfied with "self".

 "Suddenly, God, You floodlight my life;
I'm blazing with glory, God's glory!
I smash the bands of marauders,
I vault the highest fences."(28-29)


And at those moments, when I think I can not go over one more hurdle in life, You pick me up and carry me through. It is not on myself I have to rely - it is not the way of the world to light up my path - It is You, Your Son, Your Holy Spirit, Your Word. In You there is nothing, nothing that can destroy my soul. It is safe In Your Hands.

 "What a God! His road
stretches straight and smooth.
Every God-direction is road-tested.
Everyone who runs toward Him
Makes it."(30)


I so love You.  My ABBA!   My Daddy! There aren't any traps or hidden tricks You haven't cleared from my path. You step before I step.   Ensuring I will be safe. My road to You is paved with The Blood of Christ.  There aren't any sink holes to entrap me.   I know You have made this road to You one I am able to run quickly on and not tire. Your arms are outstretched as a parent to a baby learning to walk. Your Word is encouragement and guidance. I am not alone on this road. I have You.  And You have me.

 "Is there any god like God?
Are we not at bedrock?
Is not this the God who armed me,
then aimed me in the right direction?
Now I run like a deer;
I'm king of the mountain.
He shows me how to fight;
I can bend a bronze bow!
You protect me with salvation-armor;
you hold me up with a firm hand,
caress me with your gentle ways.
You cleared the ground under me
so my footing was firm."(31-36)


There is no other like You. None can compare. I was so lost, so alone and then I found You. I was never prepared until You. I was stumbling about - unsure of where, when, to go or to stop. You direct me, You supply me with what I need. I have a purpose. I can recognize the enemy and those in his clutches. Those who I need to tell of You - so they may be "in" You too. I stand confident In Your armor, I follow Your lead - knowing You are all knowing, You build me up, you hold me accountable, You groom me and nurture me. You have made me strong and ready to fight. For You. For the lost.


"When I chased my enemies I caught them;
I didn't let go till they were dead men.
I nailed them; they were down for good;
then I walked all over them.
You armed me well for this fight,
You smashed the upstarts.
You made my enemies turn tail,
and I wiped out the haters.
They cried "uncle"
but Uncle didn't come;
They yelled for God
and got no for an answer.
I ground them to dust; they gusted in the wind.
I threw them out, like garbage in the gutter
."(37-42)

You have opened my senses to the ways of the world. No longer am I trying to fit in, to be one with it. The things I once delighted in, I can not stomach. They disgust me, they make me angry. I see they are not of You and want to destroy them. It saddens me people, and sometimes even myself, throw sin in Your face, without any fear, any respect and without any love. I don't see many who are torn to the core when they realize their sin rips Your heart out - because it separates us from You. It saddens me of the many, many who worship and depend on self and their gods. Being one "in" You makes me so much more aware of the emptiness I once had outside of You. Of what the lost are experiencing.



 "You rescued me from a squabbling people;
You made me a leader of nations.
People I'd never heard of served me;
the moment they got wind of me they listened.
The foreign devils gave up; they came
on their bellies, crawling from their hideouts"(43-45)


You have allowed me to be a vessel for You, for Your glory. It amazes me the many times You provided words to be spoken to others. It amazes me You are able to use one such as I, one who was and is such a sinner. It shows me just how amazing You are to be able to take a chunk of coal and make it into a diamond - much as You have done with me.

 "Live, God! Blessings from my Rock,
my free and freeing God, towering!
This God set things right for me
and shut up the people who talked back.
He rescued me from enemy anger,
He pulled me from the grip of upstarts,
He saved me from the bullies."(46-48)


I love how You have completely transformed my life - how You have taken me from the pits of hell and given me a "Taste of Heaven" while here on earth. I love how You have changed my focus onto You and what really matters. I love how Your Truth always, always, comes out and conquers the lies. I love how You have taken me and given me worth. How You have enabled me to love "me" as You love me. To see myself through Your eyes. How You have shown me what is real. How You have taught me to use Your measuring stick and not the world's or my own.  How You have taught me to Love as You Love.



 "That's why I'm thanking You, God,
all over the world.
That's why I'm singing songs
that rhyme Your name.
God's king takes the trophy;
God's chosen is beloved.
I mean David and all his children—
always."(49-50)


How thankful I am The Holy Spirit moans and groans to You how much I love and thank You for al You have done in/with my life, because my words are so inadequate. I pray I shall never be able to keep quiet about You. I pray for every conversation I have that Your name is sprinkled throughout. I pray for all who look at me, see only You. I pray the way I live will draw others to You in wonderment of Who it is I have. YOU.   I pray they too will want YOU. I pray for all the generations to come from Curt and me will be Yours. I pray they will go out and make disciples, one by one, until the end of time. I pray for all of our generations to be Your Warriors.

I pray I will not waste not one moment You give me. 
I pray I will see all - are made in Your Image.








No comments: