Monday, April 18, 2016

"I Worship" - 04/18/16 - Psalm 17, 35, 54, 63





"God—you’re my God!
    I can’t get enough of you!
I’ve worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
    traveling across dry and weary deserts.
So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
    drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
    My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
    My arms wave like banners of praise to you. (Psalm 63:1-4)

Because you’ve always stood up for me,
    I’m free to run and play.
I hold on to you for dear life,
    and you hold me steady as a post." (Psalm 63:7,8)




I was alone, sitting on a bench at the fountains in the heart of Chicago and I couldn’t help but smile as I watched them. 


Kids.


Of all ages. 
 
The water was full of those made in His image.


Parents swinging and dipping their babies toes down into it.  Little ones running, screaming, laughing as they ran through it, on one of the first warm days of spring.  Watching how different God has made each of us, not only in our looks, but our temperament. 
A beautiful little girl reminded me of a duck.  She was following another little girl, mimicking her every move.  Even in the holding up of her “skirt”, while not wearing a skirt.  Never did that little hand unclasp the hem of her short tee shirt.  Wherever her leader went, she went also.  Whatever action, she was a perfect copy. 

The little boy made his way about the waters on his own.  Splashing whomever happened to be in his way.   Running through the water falls and squealing with delight, as he came through the other side completely soaked.  His mom soon joined in.  Not caring at all what she looked like to others.  They were in their own little world – delighting in it.

Four little sisters ran from one end to the other, until the youngest was completely soaked.   When they came over to their mom, who was sitting right beside me, excitement in the soaked one quickly fizzled out.  Her mom was harshly reprimanding her for “not thinking long term” and getting soaked.  She would have to ride in the car like that.  I wanted so badly to say, “pick your battles.  Your child will most likely remember getting “shoulded”, instead of the giggles, screams, and laughter the four of them had – getting soaked”.  I kept my mouth shut and prayed.

And continued to pray for all whom I was watching.    
 
Wondering how many of them have an intimate relationship with God or even know His name. 
 
I so want my fellow man to know Him. 
All the thousands of persons I have passed by in my life, I wonder. 
I recall praying as I walked down the different streets.  I may not have met them face to face, but I believe my Divine Appointment that day was to pray over them.  I cannot contain my love for Him. 

My heart smiles as I remember the signs of hope He gave me. 
 
It was in the early evening, as I sat in Union Station waiting on my train, I looked across the room.  There was a woman with two books in her lap, she was writing and turning pages back and forth.  One of those books was her Bible.  Another woman sat a few rows down from her, a book lay open in her lap as her eyes scanned the pages. It was her Bible. And both of their Bible's were worn from many hours of use.
He gives me hope. Regardless.  Be it in the middle of the city. In the middle of the crowds.  In the privacy of my own home.  Alone. 
"So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory."
He was and He is and always will be.  Here.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: