Wednesday, April 06, 2016

"The King of Kings" - 04/06/16 - Judges 19-21


"At that time there was no king in Israel. People did whatever they felt like doing."(21:25)

Throughout the readings of Judges, I have not enjoyed it.  There has been such ugliness.   I have such incredible sorrow in how people are outside of God.  So many of the verses seem to ring true of today. The mistreatment of the women, the way people would "bend" the laws to suit their desires, how they would make a vow and change things up so they wouldn't lose face.  And again, I am reminded of how we humans really haven't come that far over the years.
 
His verses today were really a downer.  It brought to mind the world and how it can be so discouraging.  After reading,  I sat with my hands on my Bible feeling the wind was out of my sail. My focus was about the status of the people, their sins, the way the world was/is and I wasn't hearing what He wants me to know. It was then He breathed into me His fresh breath of Hope, giving me a memory of a realization.

Not long ago, we were traveling down 48th street and the moon caught my eye.  It was hanging up there amongst the clouds.  Its light illuminating all below in an almost magic like glow.  So bright it almost hurt to look at it.  And yet, I couldn't tear my eyes away. 

And it hit me. 

One night in a garden, far away from Quincy, Il - kneeled a man.  A man who was wrestling with the greatest journey He would ever, ever have to take.  A man who was in communion with His Father.   A man who knew all the ugliness of sin in this world, and still loved each and every soul who lived and will live.   

It hit me.

That man who looked up at the same moon as I was, how so very much He loves me. 
How His Daddy was going to separate Himself from His Son - for me. 
 
The heartbreak they were going through in that garden. 
A man who made the choice to separate Himself from His Father. 
Just so I may be with Him for always.  For all who chose to take Him as their Savior. 

The King of Kings.
He became HOPE.


It hit me.

He took all the ugliness in Judges.  All the ugliness of this world.   
And hath made it beautiful.
 
 
 

No comments: