Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"Audacity" - 10/15/14 - Matthew 8:14-34, Mark 4 & 5

"He told His disciples to get Him out of there to the other side of the lake.(Matthew 8:18)


I don't know how many times I have read this Scripture, but it only hit me this morning Christ "told His disciples to get Him out of there". 


As if He needed them to "get Him out of there".  Here is the Son of God, one who has complete power at the tip of His finger, getting help from mere humans.


You know, He asks the same of us.  He doesn't "need" us to do His job.  He doesn't "need" us to do anything.  He desires to do so.  He desires to have us in His life and He in ours.


Our ABBA, The Creator of this world, when creating us, in His Image, put within us a deep desire to be "needed".  To have worth. To count for something.  To be recognized.  To be accepted.  To be desired.  And most of all.  most of all.  To be unconditionally loved.


Yet, here we are, the created ones, ignoring, setting aside all He has asked us to do.  Putting our "self" on top of the priority list.  We are picking and choosing which and what we want to do for our Lord.


The times I do become humble and think about my arrogance in His face, I am repulsed.  And again, I am grateful He looks at me through Christ, seeing me, even in my sin, as Holy.  As His Beloved.  The Holy Spirit is convicting and growing me to be excited, more than dreading, when I am pushed out of my comfort zone.  He is energizing me, opening my eyes, ears, and heart to those who live outside of Him.  He is using me.  And for the most part, I am heeding His call.


But still there are moments when the human side of me steps in.  and I flat out refuse. 


Who do I think I am to do this? 


"He told the wind to pipe down and said to the sea, "Quiet! Settle down!" The wind ran out of breath; the sea became smooth as glass.(Mark 4:39)


He is "I AM".  God of all. 


There are so many times I haven't a clue what, how often, His Grace has saved me from when I am nothing but arrogant. 

No comments: