Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"Good Morning Beautiful" - 10/01/14 - Luke 1, John 1:1-14

Good morning! You're beautiful with God's beauty, Beautiful inside and out! God be with you.(Luke 1:28)




He has been convicting me of the way I speak of myself. Not only to Him, others, but to myself. The way I cut myself down when looking at photos, reflection. He is listening to every word and thought I have and most of them in reference to me is unkind. Not only unkind, but without grace and mercy. How often I take the blessings He gives me through the words of others and dash it to the ground because I don't see myself as He and others do? How often are all of us harder on ourselves than anyone else? 
 
He brought to my attention how fragile a man's ego is. Every time I am tearing apart me, is actually an attack on Curt. I am saying he doesn't have very good taste when it comes to who he is sharing his heart with. What I am doing to Curt is on such a small scale to what I am doing to my ABBA. He created me. I am made in His image.

 He has surrounded me by so many who see me as He does, and I am being a hypocrite. Why is it so easy to see others as beautiful and not ourselves? Why is it so easy to encourage others in seeing themselves as He does, and not ourselves? Why is it so hard to believe His Word applies to each one of us, when He says "You - are beautiful"?  Why is it so hard to believe when others say we are beautiful?


These are just a few of the words spoken to Mary from God through Gabriel.  He didn't have to say these, but He knew what was coming.  He knew this young teen child/woman would be coming up on some moments of self doubt.  of criticism from others and probably herself.  He knew there were moments ahead when the world would look at her as "ugly".  He knew there were moments when she would look at herself as "ugly".  He knew she needed to know, to hear, to focus on His Truth.


"Good morning! You're beautiful with God's beauty, Beautiful inside and out! God be with you."



I'm thinking this is a verse He has given me to paint on my bathroom wall.............

No comments: