Tuesday, January 17, 2017

"And I Pray" - 01/17/17 - Genesis 48-50


 
 
"Then he blessed them: The God before whom walked my fathers Abraham and Isaac, The God who has been my Shepherd all my lifelong to this very day,
The Angel who delivered me from every evil, Bless the boys."(48:15-16)
 
 
 
In my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined what a roller coaster ride of emotions being a mom would be and is. 
 
I never imagined what it would be like to have a piece of your heart walking on the outside of you.  I never imagined being able to love someone so much it didn't seem possible you would love them even more within the next breath - but you do.  I never imagined the blessings of being a mom would be as wonderful as they are. 
 
And so blessed am I.
 
The moment I knew each child of ours was in my womb, I began praying for them to grow up into an intimacy with ABBA.  I began praying for their future mates at the same time.  My desire for our children and future grandchildren to know, truly know, what intimacy with ABBA is, has turned into my passion, for  Him to be the center of their lives.  For them to be filled with Him from the tips of their toes to the top of their heads.  I wanted for them to have what I didn't.  I wanted them to miss out on what it was like to walk apart from ABBA.
 
I watch and listen as I hear others speak of our Adam.  From his leading a Bible study to leading his new family.  I praise our ABBA in hearing how Adam dug into His Word and spoke from his heart.  How his and Ashley's love for ABBA is evident.  How He is the center of them.  My heart delights knowing he and Ashley are training up our Charlie and Ella "in" Him.  I love to see the working of ABBA about and around those in his life.  How ABBA is using this quiet young man as a strong warrior.  ABBA reminds me when thinking about Adam - still waters run deep.
 
I have often listened to our Nichalas sharing about his day.  The students.  Events.  My heart swells with gladness as the passion comes through his words as he tells of how ABBA is using him to touch lives.  Who other than he and Amber, don't see Christ anywhere.  I prayed thanks in hearing and knowing our ABBA is using both of them where they are planted.  Knowing there are persons who ABBA needs to use them for His Glory so helps ease the selfishness and pain I feel in wanting them to be here sharing day to day living.
 
I praise our ABBA seeing our grandchildren are being raised up in knowing Him.  How much I delight watching their faces light up as they share what they have learned in Sunday School about our ABBA or talking about Him as we go about our days.  I praise Him, knowing He will be using us and future generations to bring others to Him.  I thank Him for surrounding them with His hedge of protection.  I thank Him for hearing and answering my prayers. 
 
How very blessed I am in the honor of seeing and enjoying these fruits of my prayers knowing we are a part of our ABBA.  Knowing He isn't a far off God, but one who shares intimately the living of life with each one of us.  Knowing it is only because of Him.
 
How Awesome is our Lord.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: