Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"Only Him" - 01/24/17 - Exodus 19-21




 "No other gods, only Me."(20:3)


His laws.
Many, many times I have broken them.

 Each and every moment is a constant fight not to break this one. Through my study of His Word, I have come to the conclusion there are only two gods we elect to follow in this life.

Him - the great "I AM" or me - self.

Our serving of "self" leads to the worship of all other things that we put before Him. All the things that will create a distance from Him each time we put "self" first. And our ABBA isn't the one who is moving away. 

We become consumed with pleasing "self" - not Him. "self" is the main focus. Life gradually becomes totally about "self".

 And in doing that - life really will fall apart.
We are not God - we can not hold it all together.
We will/do fail. "self" is not God.
Each time I fail,  I am so thankful He knows my heart better than even I do.
That He knows how much I yearn to please Him.
That He knows, regardless of the times I fail, I am a woman after His own heart.

 How thankful I am that The Holy Spirit interceeds for me - speaks for me - conveys for me when "self" gets in the way. 

It is only when He is our only God - life is right. Even when we have to endure the "fall out" of sin - life is right. It may not make sense at times, but He is in control. He is The One who holds it all together. All of it, not just our little world.

 He does not fail - He is I AM.

I shall always be thankful to be living on this side of Christ and know He is The ultimate sacrifice. No other is needed. I shall always be thankful to be living under His grace and mercy. No animal sacrifice provided that. I am so thankful for the forgiveness He has given me for past sins and those I will commit. For I will - I am human. Only He was perfect, without sin. Only He could be our ultimate sacrifice.

As I read the punishment for breaking His laws, I came away thinking there would be so much less crime if we had of stuck to His punishments.  And again, I am so thankful I live on this side of Christ. There had to be a great amount of fear as they lived each day, knowing they would break a law.  We are so blessed, because of Christ, we are welcome to crawl up into the lap of our Abba's and be close to Him. Even when we break rules.  There is such peace knowing we live in the security that in Christ we are covered.  This doesn't give me the feelings of wanting to break the rules because I am free, only motivating me to try and please Him because of His great Love.

The rules were set because of His great Love for us and how they would be needed.  He knew how much we as humans would/do fail. Without rules life would have no order. So even though we can not keep every rule, we do need to learn to live our lives accordingly. To have structure. To be more Christlike in all of our thoughts and actions.

Time after time He has proven.
He is to be our only God. 
His plans. His way. His rules. They are what works. 







No comments: