Monday, March 16, 2015

"At The Ready" - 02/28/15 - Numbers 8-10


"They camped at God's command and they marched at God's command. They lived obediently by God's orders as delivered by Moses. (9:23)

The Israelites were living in tents.
All of their possessions with them.

They were also living in a state of being "at the ready". Not ever knowing how long God would have them stay in an area. There may have been times when they were just starting to "feel at home", and then the bugles would sound and packing up would begin.

In these past few months, ABBA has caused me to ponder if I am living "at the ready" or am I settled in with the blessings He rains down upon me.

Am I listening for His bugle to sound?
Is my whole being caught up in listening, watching His lead or am I distracted by this world.
This world being like the desert the Israelites journeyed through to the Promised Land.

I am not thinking so much about the physical aspect of my life, but the spiritual.

Am I listening for His bugle or am I complacent in the desert of this world and its routine.
Just wondering and praying -

am I living life in the desert on my way to Heaven or am I setting down roots?


 

No comments: