Monday, March 16, 2015

"He Is The Way Out" - 03/03/15 - Numbers 16-20


 "Back off from the tents of these bad men; don't touch a thing that belongs to them lest you be carried off on the flood of their sins."(16:26)

How often do I flirt with sin?
Do I run up and touch it - then dash away?
Do I bat my eyes at it, thinking I am in control?

Sin is so real.

"Carried off on the flood". Not a trickle, or a small stream, or even a river. Not a flood, but The flood.
One small bite of a forbidden fruit - flood over the whole world - our Savior crucified on the Cross - separated from God - resurrected - conquering the grave.

One small bite.

How do I go among the world and not allow sin to touch my soul? Not allow it to penetrate my life? To not be curious about it and stop to check it out?

Only by being totally enveloped in Him. His Word - directs me - leads me. The Holy Spirit - protects me. Christ instructs me to be sly like a snake and gentle like a dove.

It's when I decide to take control and do things my way - instead of His. Then sin touches me. satan is the father of lies. he knows what will entice me - draw me - catch my eye. To draw my focus off of God onto him or myself.

It's all about keeping my focus on God. Not to be curious or flirt with sin. Through Him I am able to really see what it is. A sin is a sin. It separates me from God.

After all, curiosity killed the cat.

 
 
 

No comments: