Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"His Crown of Thorns - Worn For us" - 03/31/15 - Judges 3-5


"They were there to test Israel and see whether they would obey God's commands" (3:4)


 I was so naïve when signing up for The Lord's Army, I came in thinking that life would turn around and all would be a bed of roses. Knowing ABBA is in control of everything, He was my guarantee behind my way of thinking.


In growing "in" Him, I have found, the bed of roses has its thorns.  There are some places it becomes not a bed, but a tangle of thorns, scratching and at times even tearing into my flesh, as I journey through this "bed" of life. 


And sometimes, the thorns are there so we may help others climbing through their own thorns. 
So, when I become focused on "self" and cry out that life isn't fair, I am drawn back to my Christ. 
My Savior.
His Word runs through me as a living stream, showing me the "thorns" my Savior climbed through - for me. 
His Word shows me my Savior - who wore a "Crown of Thorns".








 For all of us. 









His Word quickly shuts up my self-pity.  His Word holds me accountable.  It is continually showing me the "thorns" I am going through are really nothing compared to what my Savior endured.  His Word also gives me hope.  It gives me Wisdom and security knowing I am not traveling through this life alone.  He surrounds me - completely.  He takes the brunt of the "thorns" and allows enough pain to test me.

The Lord not only preserves our temporal life, but maintains the spiritual life which He has given to believers. By afflictions we are proved, as silver in the fire. The troubles of the church will certainly end well. Through various conflicts and troubles, the slave of satan escapes from his yoke, and obtains joy and peace in believing: through much tribulation the believer must enter into The Kingdom of God.  All for His Glory.  All for Love.  Pure Love.



For thou, O God, hast proved us: Thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.(Psalm 66:10)

No comments: