Monday, March 16, 2015

"Knowing - Without Doubt" - 03/12/15 - Deuteronomy 3-4


"Know this well, then. Take it to heart right now: God is in Heaven above; God is on Earth below. He’s the only God there is. Obediently live by his rules and commands which I’m giving you today so that you’ll live well and your children after you—oh, you’ll live a long time in the land that God, your God, is giving you."(4:39-40)
...
There are many moments when my heart is torn in the blessing of Adam being close enough to see whenever we want and Nichalas/Amber being so far away. This puts me in a place where I wish I could be two places at once.

Heading back. A few moments ago we stood in a circle holding hands and praying to our ABBA. Then after last big hugs, kisses, and "I love you", two parts of my heart walked out from the light of their porch door into the predawn darkness to begin their day. How thankful I am we were praying to "our" ABBA. Standing there knowing without doubt - they are His and He is theirs. Knowing without doubt He is always within and about each one of us.

As a mom, I have passed onto them the most important - introducing them to ABBA.

 It makes the job of mom from afar so much easier. Knowing His hedge of protection is about them. Knowing they turn to Him and heed His instruction on what steps to take next in their journey. Knowing without doubt if they were to be taken away, they would be with Him. Knowing this is but a temporary place for us. Knowing through Christ - we will one day share eternal life in the land of Heaven.

It makes the job of mom easier, but still there are heartaches. Knowing it will be several months before my eyes will be drinking in their faces, my ears will hear the melody of their voices and laughter, my heart will dance in delight as I feast upon the moments we are together.

He is transforming my heart to stop counting the minutes together and just drink in those we are given. To stop watching the clock. It isn't with just Nichalas and Amber, it is with all who He puts into my journey. Each one - those who will walk for many steps and those for only one or two.
This time in Phoenix has been one of cleansing. Of drawing nearer to Him than I have ever experienced. It has been a time of letting go. Of being at His knees and not wanting to lose that place. Of not wanting to replace my focus on Him with that of the world.

He has delighted me with so many moments in seeing how He is using me as His warrior. Of showing me how loved and treasured I am, by He and others.

It has been a vacation from the world.

It has been a mountain top experience.
 
 
 

No comments: