Wednesday, April 01, 2015

"In Him Comes Boldness" - 04/01/15 - Judges 6-7

"Get up and go down to the camp. I've given it to you. If you have any doubts about going down, go down with Purah your armor bearer; when you hear what they're saying, you'll be bold and confident." (Judges 7:9,10)

Doubt will lead to fear if you are not grounded in Him, in His Word.  Fear is one of satan's strongest tools and we allow him to have a heyday with it in ourselves.  So often when I become doubtful, which is often as I continually second guess myself, God gives me persons from His Word.  I also find it so encouraging the people He wrote about in the Scriptures are human just like me. 

Obviously Gideon did doubt as he took Purah with him.  Even a mighty warrior of God doubts. 

Through His Word God has also shown me how He gives courage to we humans and performs  miracles. 

Gideon was told to go up against an "army that was spread out on the plain like a swarm of locust.  And their camels!  Past counting, like grains of sand on the seashore" (7:12).

With 300 men

And God.

That's the most important fact doubt - fear - causes me to lose focus on.  Just as Gideon had Purah his armor bearer, I have God and others He has placed in my life to face the battle together - never alone.  When I refocus on this fact, when I walk in His Promise -

Fear runs from us.

I love God has proven time after time He already has beaten the enemy - and I am on the winning side.

In my walk He has grown me immensely in facing down my fears.  I am praying for His boldness.  To stop second guessing myself and know without a doubt - I am His.  He created me.  To stand behind His confidence. When I am busy second guessing, I am distracting myself from where/what He has told me to do.  I am promised I will know His voice.  I have the gift of The Holy Spirit within me. 

I yearn to be like Gideon who right in the midst of the enemy camp, "When he heard the telling of the dream and its interpretation, he went to his knees before God in prayer. Then he went back to the Israelite camp." (7:15)

He had absolutely no fear there in the middle of the enemies camp. 

He placed God first - he didn't run to be in a "safer" place. 
He knelt right there and prayed. 
He knew without a doubt - without fear - he was in safety. 

Because he was in God.

I desire to always focus on that fact. know it. live it.

 The matter of the fact is -  I am in God, exactly  like an island in the middle of the ocean. 
Always surrounded by Him. 

He is helping me in my faith to have my focus always on Him - not doubt/fear. 

On Him. 

He is helping my faith to believe,  no matter how rough or big the "ocean" becomes - He has me surrounded.  I am riding life in the palm of His hand.

And trust - He is always in control - I am always safe. 









To be bold and "God"fident - no matter where my steps take me.

No comments: