Friday, April 10, 2015

"All Of Us - THE Designer's Original" - 04/09/15 - 1 Samuel 4-8


Then we'll be just like all the other nations. (8:20)


It is such a temptation to compare ourselves to others.  When we do, we end up doing one of two things, or both.  Either we end up wallowing in self-pity - envy - jealousy - because the grass looks greener over there for "them" or we become self-righteous in comparing and convincing ourselves  we are "better than".

We end up serving and focusing on "self".
 
One of my hobbies is building birdhouses.  Taking cast off "junk" and incorporating it into an original design.  Each one is different and unique. ABBA created each one of us in His Image.  He took the "best elements" and even though we threw in some "junk", He still uses all of us, every bit, for His Glory.

When I am focused on Him, I find it exciting and thankful, knowing I am "one-of-a-kind".  Knowing He designed me for His Glory and to do a "job" that only I can do.  I am part of His Body - The Church - and He has a plan for me.

How often do I find myself looking at other women and wishing.  Wishing I was as pretty, as thin, as confident, as outgoing, and sometimes as financially and socially placed where they are.  Before He transformed my heart, I was consumed with this way of thinking and it tore me down.  It caused me to be even more insecure and feel more inadequate.  I see now, looking back, self and satan were wallowing and focusing on "doubt". 

Throughout His Love Letter to me, I read His personal message.  "I am fearfully and wonderfully made", "I am His desire", "for He loved me so much He gave His only Son".  Over and over He reaffirms to me, I am His, specially created, for a special use, for Him. 

Why ever do I submit then to the occasional thinking and wishing I were like other "nations".  Why ever do I think my "design" would be better than His?  In transforming my heart, He is showing me that the best comes from Him being within me.  The more of Him within, the more of Him shines through for others to see.  This True, Radiant Beauty, is what draws others to Him. 

"He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul" (Proverbs 19:8)
In learning to love me as He loves me, nothing else matters. 

It isn't about "me" - it is all about Him. 

I know now, without a doubt, He made me original.  Sure, I still struggle with comparing and will until I die.  Thankfully, I find more often than not, I am living life in His security.  Each day I look forward to the "Divine Appointments" He has set up for me.  For me.  Knowing the "me" He created is who He needs to be part of the mixture.  

But, it is my choice to follow His lead.  To be different "in" Him.

THE Designer's original!!!

No comments: