Friday, April 17, 2015

"My Avenger" - 04/17/15 - 1 Samuel 25-27



“When God completes all the goodness He has promised my master and sets you up as prince over Israel, my master will not have this dead weight in his heart, the guilt of an avenging murder. And when God has worked things for good for my master, remember me.” (1 Samuel 25:30-31)
 

How easily it would be to slip into the routine of "getting even".



 Instead of turning it over to God. 


 This verse opened my eyes to why God commands that He is to seek revenge, not us. 


The guilt.


Being attacked, taken advantage of, being treated as "less than", double standards, all these and more, Christ endured.  More than I will ever comprehend, and still He turned the other cheek. 


God turned more than that.  He turned His back on His Son, my Savior. 


So, when I am 'wronged", shouldn't it be easy to turn it over to God?  If my focus is on Him, only then is it possible.  Otherwise, I am all about "me".  My way.  My revenge.  It is only through Him I am able to keep my mouth shut, when words that slay, want to pour out.  Words which once spoken, cannot be retracted.  I stand amazed at the times I have spiritually seen Him, standing there in front of me with His Hand held up to hold me back.  Telling me He has my back and He will take care of the situation.  In my silence, His Words are loud and clear.  Our world and self has led us to believe if we are silent, we will be walked on.  We will be treated as though we are stupid.  In actuality, we are stupid when we spout off at the mouth. 


In my walk of faith and trust, I have to rely on His time and His way.  And some of those times, it doesn’t make sense to be silent.


As God sent Abigail, He sent us Christ, to intervene, to take from us the guilt we would put upon ourselves when avenging.  Let Him take care of it.  We have more important things to concentrate on.  Loving Him and making Disciples.  Making our way Home through our journey in life.  A life with less stress, more joy.


No “dead weight in my heart”. 

No comments: