Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"Not An Ordinary Saturday" - 04/07/15 - Ruth 1-4

It was an honor and blessing to be asked to read scripture for the wedding of one of our "sons" and his bride a few years ago. After praying about it, God gave me:

"But Ruth said, "Don't force me to leave you; don't make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I'll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; where you die, I'll die, and that's where I'll be buried, so help me God—not even death itself is going to come between us!"(1:16-17)

What a wonderful wedding vow to give each other - to be one In Him from the beginning of their journey together.  And what a wonderful vow to take to our Father from our heart.  To become His hook, line, and sinker.  To be totally sold out for Him - in the good and bad times.  When life is going along with no bumps, or when it seems each and every step you take is met with an obstacle.  The account of Ruth tells us Naomi changed her name to Mara - which means Bitter. 

I pray no matter what steps I am to take in this life, I will not lose focus of His face.  I pray I will not become a Mara - bitter.  I pray I will always know His hope and that He is in control.  Time after time in Scripture, He gives us the promise of hope.  We are told He is in total control and we are in The Palm of His Hand. 

Thankfully, Naomi refocused and saw the hope God gave her before her life ended here on earth.  "Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "Why, God bless that man! God hasn't quite walked out on us after all! He still loves us, in bad times as well as good!" (2:20)  I continually pray when I lose focus on His face, which I will, I may quickly refocus on His hope.  I so do not want to live out my life in Bitterness. 

My mind keeps going back to "that day".  Today the weather so matches "that day", it is colder, overcast and with a few sprinkles.  I keep thinking about on "that day" my Savior was separated from our ABBA because He had willingly taken upon Himself my sins.  "That day" of in between.  "That day" readying to bring about the end of the war.  It was "that day" before He overcame death and satan.  

Each moment we are given a new beginning - it's our decision to live in the hope or in the bitterness.

To live as though each moment is our Easter. - the day after "that day". 

No comments: