Friday, March 04, 2005

TUNA

My son, Nichalas, has been on this tuna with zesty lemon kick for awhile now. He just opens the can, squirts a little lemon on it, and scarfes it down.

Watching him fix up his afternoon snack the other day reminded me of a roommate I once had. After being out of town for a week, I opened our front door and was almost knocked out by this unbelievable stench. There she was sitting in the living room watching TV, completely oblivious to the smell of death in the entire place. After setting my bags down, I went on a search for the decomposing body. Or bodies.

Zeroing in on the kitchen, I opened a cupboard door filled with canned goods. I couldn't see anything, yet knew this was where the source was. Lifting out the cans, I noticed that one of the tuna cans felt lighter than the others. There it was - an opened, half eaten can of tuna. Man! I didn't even look inside.

Holding it at arms length, I took it into the living room to ask her what in the heck this was all about. She nonchalantly admitted to leaving it there. "After all, it wasn't in the fridge before I opened it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

That is hilarious and nasty! Nichalas never ceases to amaze me! Tell him hi for me. Blessings!