Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Unclean! Unclean!" 02/16/14 - Lev 11-13



must wear torn clothes, leave his hair loose and unbrushed, cover his upper lip, and cry out, 'Unclean! Unclean!'  As long as anyone has the sores, that one continues to be ritually unclean. That person must live alone; he or she must live outside the camp. (13:45-46)


Throughout these Scriptures, God is adamant about the Laws He is handing down regarding being clean versus unclean.  From the kinds of animals they would digest as food, to the different types of skin diseases. 

At times while reading His Word, it is so easy for my mind to glaze over and my eyes begin to rapidly skim over His Words.  How my attention span is short and easily distracted, either from the goings on around me or inside my mind.  I pray each time before digging into His Word that all of my senses will be open to what He wants me to harvest in that day.  Leviticus is challenging to say the least! 


But this morning, He kept bringing into my heart "Unclean! Unclean!". 


If He hadn't established laws, the infections would have run rapid throughout the people.  They were living in close proximity, there wasn't a water treatment plant, indoor plumbing, a hospital to check into, etc.  His laws were not only about obedience, but also about maintaining a healthy people. 


Physically, mentally and spiritually.


These laws were also a way to keep their focus on ABBA.  "Be holy because I am holy." (11:45) 


It is through the reading of all the laws, the sacrifices, I am again so blessed and thankful for my Savior.  It is only through Him I am made Holy. 


"I" can't do it.   

Even if I were to follow each and every law written, I wouldn't be Holy.  My lifestyle may be, but not my soul.  Only through His Sacrifice and my being "in" Christ, does He see me as Holy.  

I am head over heels in love with my ABBA.  Knowing that I am His child, one He draws close.  One who sits in His lap. 

From “Kyrie” to “Eucharist” | internetmonk.com

One who does not have to live outside of Him crying, "Unclean!  Unclean!"

No comments: