Monday, February 11, 2008

to come so far...

and then regress back in just a moment. I love our God. I really, really do. I wouldn't know or want to know what a life without Him would be like. I know that I am His child. I know that He loves me so much He gave me Jesus. I know and believe all of this. And then with just a few words....I fall back to who I was when I was growing up. The feelings that come make me want to vomit. It makes me doubt everything about me. Words have so much power. But, only if I allow them.

Thankfully, my regression only lasts for a very short time. How I pray that that time will one day be none at all. Until then, He surrounds me in His gentle love. How thankful I am for that.

I am facilitating an awesome study, "Conversation Peace" -Mary A Kassian. Wow. There are not a lot of questions, so I underline high points to discuss. More and more I find myself underlining whole sections.

I love how she said this, "When King David was focused on what he should have been receiving from the people who bothered him - respect and kindness, for example-he had nothing good to say. Yet when he becomes focused on his relationship to God and kept his focus there, he found himself filled with "a new song" and began to say good things to his adversaries.

A focus on scarcity results in stinginess while a focus on abundance results in generosity. If we focus on the resources of God, we realize we have an abundance to give. On the other hand, if we focus on what we should be getting from others, we become "stingy" and reluctant to give.

Now that is where true power of words lie. His Words. Each and every one of them.

No comments: