Friday, November 23, 2012

Let. it. go. - ‎11/23/12 - I Corinthians 16:1-24, Acts 19:21-20:6, Romans 1:1-32

Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you’ve got, be resolute, and love without stopping.(1 Corinthians 16:13-14)

"Go slow. Be God-struck. Grant grace. Live Truth. Give Thanks. Become the gift. May the grace and truth of our Father surprise you all over again this weekend, friends!" ~Ann Voskamp

Today in my devotional reading, I kept coming across "giving up self".  No coincidence - again.  God has everything occur for a reason - particularly His Word.  When He speaks to me certain Words - He knows they are exactly what I need to read, consume, and chew on at that time. 

"Keep my eyes open"

"Hold tight to my convictions"

"Give it ALL that I've got"

 " Be resolute" - to be firm in purpose or belief; steadfast

"Grant grace". 

"Love without stopping".

I am so convinced that there needs to be a support/how to group for the blending of people.  God is enabling me more and more to not take personal the actions of how a person is raised.  I am struggling though in what words to express how we feel regarding rudeness and still relay that we love unconditionally.  How to have accountability without causing defensiveness or division.   At what point does reaching out become enabling?  How far do we "back off" and yet not have others feel like we are making them choose between sides.  What actions and words do we continually give because we desire unity rather than two sides.  

How obvious the differences are in a Godly family blend versus a worldly family blend.  How they don't see anything wrong in using their measuring standards rather than His. 

And when another episode occurs, His Word is there to reassure and guide me. 


 


             Let God.







Continue to heap mounds of love and grace upon them.  In His grand scheme of life - does "it" really matter"?  Is "it" really worth consuming my whole being and ruining every other aspect of my life?  Is "it" really worth stealing joy out of the innumerable blessings He is continually giving me?  He enables me to see that He is using us to be His warriors to spread His light on a lost people.  People who He wants to be part of "His family blend".   They are blind to His Truth, beliving they are living for Him, but their fruits prove otherwise.  When I look beyond myself, stop taking personal, I am blown away at how He is using us.  That before the world began, He knew that the fruits of "Curt and Deby" would be used as part of His warfare.  That our family unit,  in His eyes is worthy of being a tool for Him - how much grace and love He has given us - given me - when I have been rude and living life by my measuring standards.  That it is only because of His grace our family belongs to "His blended family" and not the "world's blended family".  A sin is a sin.  Sin separates us from Him - unless you are "In" Christ.  Only then do we experience forgiveness, grace and mercy.

And then I hear Him say, "Do only what truly matters - Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you’ve got, be resolute, and love without stopping...............








No comments: