Tuesday, November 27, 2012

‎"Dance His talk" - 11/27/12 - Romans 11:1-14:23

"If the way you live isn’t consistent with what you believe, then it’s wrong."(14:23)

If asked, I will say,  "Yes, I believe in The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, and His Word".  I believe in these with all that I am, but do I 100% of the time "walk His talk"?

Unfortunately, "No". 

I do try. 

I am so thankful for His grace, mercy, and forgivness in the times that I slip.  When I am focusing on self, rather than Him. 

When I get in the way of Him. 

Each and every day I pray that He will use me.  And each and every day He does.  Even when I slip - He uses that for His glory.  It isn't that I want to be lifted up for all to see, I find that He is changing me from the inside out.  I want my life to be for His glory - not mine.

I pray each and every day that He will convict me when I am not "walking His talk".  When I feel that I need to seek revenge, stand up in defensiveness when wronged, to feel sorry for myself and attend the "mepityparty".  The times that I act on the feelings of doing it my way, regardless of who or whose feet I trample upon. 

Even when they are God's feet.

When I picture myself walking "my" talk, I see much slipping, falling, stumbling, sliding around.  It is totally uncontrolled - no matter what I hang onto, how hard I try.  There is not a graceful rhythm about my steps.  There is only destruction.  Much like a new snowfall that has the mark of an animal fight - their steps and blood have destroyed its' purity, its' beauty.



I pray that when I "walk His talk" the new snowfall of life holds the pattern of a graceful dance.

That the untouched snow surrounding our steps reflect His light - sparkling as diamonds in the sun. 

His Son.



No comments: