Wednesday, September 04, 2013

"Blinded by His Light" - 09/04/13 - Ezekiel 40:38-43:27

"The bright Glory of God poured into the Temple through the east gate. The Spirit put me on my feet and led me to the inside courtyard and—oh! the bright Glory of God filled the Temple!" (43:4-5)

It is a sin you know, to look into the mirror and speak words to yourself in a way you would never speak to another.  When you stand in front of the mirror, the reflection looking back at you, is actually an image of God.  Yes, He created all humans in His image. 

And since I last checked, nothing has changed, I am human.

When accepting Christ as our Savior, we are given The Holy Spirit.  We are His Temple here on earth, The Church.  He comes into us, settles right in from the top of our head to the tips of our toes.  He makes Himself very much at home in our souls, hearts, and minds.  We look at ABBA as a gentle, kind, loving God, which He is, but there is another side to Him we often overlook.  Although He isn't pushy, allows us to make our own choices, He is a very jealous God.  The Holy Spirit, Christ, and God are all a part of the Trinity.  Three in one. 

And being filled with the Holy Spirit means just that. 

He wants to fill you up. 

Completely.

He is jealous when we hold onto, bring into ourselves the idols of self and the world.  He is broken hearted when we choose sin over Him, yet He never, ever stops loving us.  He doesn't go off in a corner and pout until He gets our way, as we often do.  He stands firm, loving us more and more into Him.  The only time He will go completely away, is when we tell Him to. 

My prayers often include becoming more and more Christlike.  For me to disappear and persons when seeing me - see our Savior instead.  I pray His light will shine through me to reach others. 

These scriptures have caused me to realize, I haven't been praying for myself to see "me" as He does.  To love me, accept "me" as He does. 

I am thankful for all of us In Him who "The Spirit put me on my feet and led me to the inside courtyard" before Him".   To receive the encouragement which comes from my family "in" Him, the hope and examples of His great love from so many He has surrounded me with.

And then I sin when standing before a mirror. 

My new prayer is each time I look into the mirror, I will HAVE to put on His sunglasses. 

"Oh! the bright Glory of God filled the Temple!" 

Banishing all darkness from within me. 

No comments: