Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"The Love Letter" - 12/17/13 - 2 Timothy 4:19-22, Hebrews 1:1-4:13

"God means what He says. What He says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what." (Hebrews 4:12-13)





 Resentment or contentment. Two of the choices we have when His Word is presented to us. Do we react like a child having a tantrum during the parts that don't suit our fancy? Or do we rest in the Fruits of The Spirit, knowing His Word "is". It "is" enough. It is The Truth. It is everything this world was built upon.

When I was younger, I hated to "have to read" The Bible. It was boring, didn't apply to my life, the persons written about were more or less "out there". In my heart they weren't real. His Word wasn't real. This marks the 15th year to read through His Word. I knew my heart needed a transformation and He led me to pledging to read through The Bible every year, for as long as I am able. This didn't start out as a daily event, but grew into one. His Word has become as essential to me as oxygen. I don't even consider not "eating and taking it in" every day.

During this time, I have fallen deeply and madly in love with His Words. They are so full of meaning and sustenance to me. And like "a surgeon’s scalpel", it has cut down deep into my heart, removing from me the darkness of sin. I realize this is an ongoing surgery until I die, but how much I love having the cancer of sin removed from me. Looking back at my life, there are so many moments which are nothing but ugly. His Word keeps me from wallowing in the misery, guilt and shows me how His Blood covered all of my sins. All of them.

In falling "in" love with His Word, I now read of persons He has written about, who I now know are part of my lineage. My roots. My Family. They are human, just like me. They slipped and fell, some more than others, still His glory shines through them. As He does with me. His Word has taught me the lies of this world are nothing more than tear downs. satan wants us to believe his lies, to draw us away from our ABBA. Throughout the verses today, it talks about "rest".

I am so thankful "in" His Word - I find complete "rest". His Word has taught me, He is in control. He has given me only two essential "job" instructions. Love Him with all my heart, soul and mind. To go, as I live, making Disciples. His Word is my "how to" guide. He didn't leave us to blunder down the path of life, He has set everything we "need" to know before us in His Word. His Word "laying us open to listen and obey". His Word makes life worth living "in" Him.

My passion is to lead others into His Word - so they may also fall deeply and madly "in" love with our ABBA through His Word.

Your own personal love letter........from Him.

No comments: