Monday, December 23, 2013

"Gone" - 12/23/13 - I Peter 5:12-14, 2 Peter 1:1-3:18










"Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a Holy Life?  Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival." (2 Peter 3:11-13)








Do I live in such a way?  Do I look at everyone I am with and wonder if they are ready?  If not, what do I do about that?  Or am I more concerned about self.  What I want to do, to have, to be in this life. 

Christmas is here once again.  Many years ago, we cut way back on gift giving and never looked back in regret.  How much I enjoy getting, what little shopping we do, done in usually an hour or two.  It has left us with many hours free to spend as we wish.  This morning, we met our "boys" for breakfast and lingered around the table, visiting and catching up for almost two hours.  Last night, we were with loved ones, playing games, eating snacks, just being.  There isn't any stress.  I love how we are allowed to "enjoy" Christmas. 

In growing "in" ABBA, I am now striving to live every day as we do Christmas.  Taking care of the essential things, settling for much less "wants", purging and organizing our home.  Simplifying our lives.  Not only has this eliminated debt for us, but also the burden of taking care of "stuff", spreading ourselves too thin, living pretty much stress free.  There really is a blessing in living each day as our last, focused and eager for our Savior's return.  Knowing this is a temporary place makes it so I don't want to invest a lot of time or money into the material things.  I want to invest the blessings of time, money, talents He has provided us with in other persons. 

I pray you will choose to live Christmas and every day - as though it was your last day.

No comments: