Tuesday, October 24, 2017

"Following His Lead" - 10/24/17 - Romans 14-16



"If the way you live isn’t consistent with what you believe, then it’s wrong."(14:23)


 If asked do I believe, I will reply from the depths of my heart,  "Yes, I believe in The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, and His Word".   
 
Yet, do I 100% of the time "walk His talk"?

Unfortunately, "No". 

Constantly, I am reminded how much I need our Savior.
Continually I strive to be more like our Christ. 
For those times when I am focusing on my leading, rather than His. 
For those times when I get in the way or step on His toes. 
In those steps where I falter or slip, I am so thankful for His grace, mercy, and forgiveness. 
For those same elements from His family. 

 Each and every day I pray for Him to use me. 
And each and every day He does. 
 
Even when I trip - He uses all for His glory. 
 
Our dance isn't about my wanting to be lifted up for all to see. 
Through His changing of me from the inside out,  I am wanting more and more for my life to be for His glory - not mine.  I find I do not want any moments of  not dancing with Him, because of how "in" love with Him I have become. I want Him to be in the spotlight.

Each and every day I pray He will convict me when I am not "dancing His talk". 
When I feel the need to seek revenge, stand up in defensiveness and self-righteousness when wronged, to feel sorry for myself and attend the "mepityparty".  During the times I am acting on the feelings of dancing my way.  Regardless of whose feet I trample upon. 

Even when they are the feet of our ABBA.
It is during those times when we are dancing to the beat of our own drum.   
 
There is much slipping, falling, stumbling, sliding around.  It is totally uncontrolled - no matter how tightly we hang onto "self".  No matter how hard "self" tries. There is never a graceful rhythm about our steps.  There is only destruction.  Much like a new snowfall with the marks of an animal fight - their steps and blood have destroyed its' purity, its' beauty.



It is only when we "dance His talk" the new snowfall of life holds the pattern of His graceful dance.

It is only then the untouched snow surrounding our steps reflect His light - sparkling as diamonds in the sun. 

His Son.
 
 
 
 

No comments: