Wednesday, May 02, 2012

"PROCRASTINATE" -- 2 Sam 24:1-9, 1 Chron 21:1-6, 2 Sam 24:10-17, 1 Chron 21:7-17, 2 Sam 24:18-25, 1 Chron 21:18-22:19

"You're all set—get to work! And God-speed!"  (1Chron 22:16)


David went to such great lengths to prepare the materials Solomon needed to build The Temple. He did it not for the bragging rights that his family was the one, but he did it for the glory of God. David was so excited -you can hear it in his voice.






God brought to my mind the many times He has excitedly prepared me for His work, down to the smallest detail, and instead of jumping on board - I procrastinate.

How many times as a mom did I come up with some "awesome" activity to share with the boys and I was met with the "later mom".

It took the wind out of my sails.

Why do I think that I don't do that to God? Here He is - wanting only the best for me - preparing everything that I need - knowing me better than I do and having on hand the blessings that touch my heart.

And I will greet Him with, "later".

So often I come up with some really lame excuses - "I don't know the right words to say" - "they don't want to have me around" - "I'm tired" - "I'll look really dumb and embarrass you" - really lame.

Then He reminds me yet again - He is in control - it isn't by chance He has me planted where I am, how I am, who I am with - it is all part of His design. And He has "prepared" me.

How selfish I am in the times when I decide "my way" is more important. My body is His temple. He has supplied me with the knowledge of salvation, opportunities to share it, and I say, "later". It is during those times I have decided to choose "self" instead of Him. It is during those times that I missed an opportunity to reach "one more" for Him. It is during those times that I allow all the materials He prepared for me to go unused. To sit idle.

And I don't know why I do this.

The times I jump up in excitement and begin to "build" I receive more blessings than I can even acknowledge. It is the times of serving "Him" instead of "self" that I am really living.

I am praying that no matter the situation - in faith I will "get to work" and never greet Him with, "later".

No comments: