Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Daily Word" - 03/20/14 - Deuteronomy 28-29

"a person who hears the words of the Covenant-oath but exempts himself, thinking, "I'll live just the way I please, thank you," and ends up ruining life for everybody. (29:19)


It amazes and saddens me how often we feel our actions, or lack of, don't affect others.  There isn't an escape from the ripples we create in the river of life, regardless of if we choose to live for ABBA or "live just the way I please".  Who are you living for?  Is ABBA your first priority or self?  Do you continually place Him lower and lower on your "list"?  There is a reason the Holy Spirit is within us, to be our Helper.  Our natural tendency is to serve "self".  There is a reason ABBA has instructed us to be in His Word so much that His Word is in us.  He tells us to wear it on our foreheads and carry it in our hearts.  ABBA gave us His Word, giving us a first hand account of our Christ.  Our Christ, who we are to strive and become like.  His Word transforms us, but it is our free choice to set aside "self" and make Him our first priority. 


Psalm 1:1-3 "... read in an undertone day and night"

Joshua 1:8 "... book of the law should not depart from your mouth ... read in it day and night..."

Ephesians 6:17 likens God's word as being as important to a Christian as a sword is to a soldier in battle.

James 1:25 encourages Christians to 'persist' in God's word.


I have found, more often than not, as I grow in Him, study and knowing His Word, I fall back upon it when sin enters into my choices.  His Word has transformed my heart in ways that astound me.  His Word continually comes into my thoughts, my eyesight.  It has brought me closer to Him.  I love living my life in constant awareness of His being in and all around me.  He has shown me this life isn't about stuff, status, etc.  It is about the Spiritual warfare, which is all about us.  satan is trying to collect as many souls as he can, and ABBA is using us, His Warriors, in this war. 


"God put a million, million doors in the world
 For His love to walk through
 One of those doors is you
 I said, God put a million, million doors in the world
 For His love to walk through
 One of those doors is you" (Jason Gray - With Every Act of Love)


His Word is our manual, our inside "battle plan".  It is our direct link to The Lord of lords - our ABBA - our "bestest friend".
  


Many people make it a daily habit to read The Bible. When asked why he reads The Bible every day, one Christian replied: “If I repeatedly pray to God during the day and expect Him to hear me, why shouldn’t I also listen to God by reading His Word every day? If we want to be a good friend, why would we do all the talking?”









No comments: